Time needed: approx.
- To make the base, start by sifting the flour and cocoa powder. Melt the Manner couverture chocolate with the butter. Smooth out the marzipan with half of the sugar (130 g), the whole eggs, and the egg yolks and beat with a hand blender followed by a normal household blender.
- Beat the egg whites and the rest of the sugar until stiff and mix a little of it into the butter and chocolate mixture to get a light, smooth consistency.
- Add the marzipan mixture, fold in the cocoa and flour, and mix with the rest of the beaten egg whites. Pour into a cake ring greased with butter and sprinkled with crumbs and bake in an oven preheated to 145°C for about 45 minutes. Leave the base of the cake to cool and cut it horizontally into two or three pieces.
- To make the filling, stir the milk, sugar, and egg yolks over a bain-marie until the mixture thickens. Hydrate and press out the gelatin, dissolve it in the mixture, and leave it all to cool. Blend with a mixer, add the egg liqueur, and fold in the whipped cream. Then add the raspberries.
- Lay out the base, cover with cream, lay out the Manner ladyfingers, and then add a second base. Repeat. Coat the final layer with the tempered Manner Chocolate Frosting, wait until it hardens, and then spread on the Manner Punch Frosting. Decorate with ladyfingers and the remaining cream.
What you need:
For the base
430 g marzipan
260 g sugar
210 g egg yolks (approx. 7 eggs)
150 g eggs (approx. 3 eggs)
250 g egg whites (approx. 10 eggs)
100 g fine flour
50 g cocoa powder
100 g Manner couverture chocolate
100 g butter
For the filling
250 ml milk
65 g sugar
2 egg yolks
5 gelatin sheets
80 ml egg liqueur
Manner ladyfingers for the filling
250 ml whipped cream
100 g raspberries
1 cup Manner Punch Frosting
Butter and crumbs for the mold
1 cup Manner Chocolate Frosting